Visar resultat 1 till 2 av 2

Ämne: Your passion, hobby, whatever.

Junior Member InFaMoUss avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2015

Standard Your passion, hobby, whatever.

Hey everyone.

First of all I apologise for writing in english. I'm not sure if it's allowed or not, but my swedish is not very good. I understand it but I can't really write in swedish.

The point of this post is to write something about you passion, hobby or anything you truly have an interest or passion for besides the world of Travian.
    The goal is to make a post so good that others will find it interesting as well.

Here is some suggestions on what a post could contain:

• How long have you been interested in your hobby or passion?
    • How did it start?
    • What is it that you find so interesting about your hobby or passion?
    • How much time do you spend on your hobby or passion?

Feel free to post something about your passion or hobby.
    I will begin with mine in the post below... :-)
    "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."

- Voltaire

Junior Member InFaMoUss avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2015

Standard

My passion is watches.

It has been a passion for some years now and it began when my father decided to buy himself an expensive watch.
    I was a bit amazed that he would spend so much money on a watch! (I think it was around 30.000 SEK).

So I asked him why and he told me he had always wanted a nice watch with an automatic selfwinding movement.
    He told me a lot of things about mechanical clockworks and even lend me some books on the subject which I read with great joy.

My first watches I wore were as a child. Those were digital sports watches and they were relatively popular in the late 1990's.

Ever since the mobile phone was getting popular and a common item in every household I didn't wear watches anymore. After all why would I? Time was all around us and it still is today. Everyone has a smart phone, a tablet, a laptop and so on.

So it was a great pleasure when I bought my first real watch half a year ago.
    It is an Omega Seamaster Professional 300M from 1998 with chronograph and an automatic selfwinding movement. I had to shell out around 18.000 SEK for it and it took me a while to save up money for it.
    I find the Omega Seamaster very nice looking and Omega has always been special to me. I have been a professional swimmer for some years when I was younger and at all competitions Omega was the official timekeeper.

A watch is very meaningful to me in the essence that a man with responsibility for a family needs to keep track of time. There is something special to me about a mechanical watch that will - if maintained properly - outlive you.

My next watch could perhaps be a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Hometimer. If bought second hand with all certificates, boxes and papers it's market price is around 40.000 SEK.
    "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."

- Voltaire

Regler för att posta